What is OLAP Fact Tables?- Data in a warehouse comes from the transactions.
- Fact table in a data warehouse consists of facts and/or measures.
- The nature of data in a fact table is usually numerical. e.g. If I want to know the number of resources used for a task, my fact table will store the actual measure (of resources) while my Dimension table will store the task and resource details.
- It stores quantitative information for the purpose of analysis.
- It holds the data which is to be analyzed.
- It works with the dimension tables.