What are the steps to creating a password authentication file? - A Password file in Oracle can be created using the ORAPWD command.
- The command below creates a file pass.pwd for 30 users and temporary password as “tempo”
- ORAPWD FILE=pass.pwd PASSWORD= tempo ENTRIES=30
What are the steps to creating a password authentication file? The steps are :
- First set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=EXCLUSIVE in init.ora file
- Then dbs$orapwd file=orapw$ORACLE_SID password=sys force=y
- Then startup force;
- Then grant sysdba to user(any user in the database);
- Then conn user/user
- Then conn user/user as sysdba
- Then show user.