1. How is radiocarbon produced in the atmosphere?
2. Using which process does the blotting paper absorb ink?
3. How long does the light from sun take to reach us?
4. Why do stars twinkle? Why do planets not twinkle?
5. What are rectifiers used for?
6. What is the weight of automotive oil?
7. What do you mean by Newton Meter?
8. State "Law of Machines".
10. Which particles/ rays do radioactive substances emit?
11. What is the value of magnetism at the center of earth?
12. Which properties of waves are independent of each other? 13. Which property
of the rain coat makes it water proof? 14. In which medium does the sound
travel fatest? 15. Explain
a.) Nuclear fission
b.) Nuclear fusion.
On which of these processes are nuclear reactors in India based? 16. What is
the difficulty in making fusion based nuclear reactors? 17. You want to
magnetize a metal. How would you do that? 18. Explain Big bang theory.
a.) Radio Telescopes
b.) Optical telescopes
20. Why is mercury used in thermometers rather than water?