Becoming a freelance food critic
How can I become a freelance food critic?
• Practice writing. Working on various aspects like grammar, spelling and sentence flow would be helpful.
• Dine at restaurants which offer food you didn’t try earlier. All restaurants need to be reviewed, ranging from least to most expensive.
• Learn about the policies of the publication you want to freelance for.Find out about the compensation you will get and also their reimbursement policies.
• Visit a restaurant more than once to ensure accuracy.
• Order a wide range of food. If you drink alcohol, consider ordering a beverage or two to review.
• The criteria for rating a restaurant must be understood clearly.
• To get some experience write some unpaid reviews.
• Consider writing for a site as a guest blogger, or submit reviews to different websites.
• To ensure prompt payment and also for future assignment offers it is a must to meet your deadline.
Do you need to be a food lover to be a food critic?
Definitely Yes! You should always make a career on the basis of what you love.
• If you are an avid food lover and love to write about it with a strong sense of criticizing the cook then you have headed towards the right direction. If you have that tiny bud in your mouth that can sense every gram of spice added in the food, then you are welcome to write about the restaurant that serves it.
• But it is not easy to become a food critic. It is not a promising career like a doctor or a lawyer but food critic is a lot more fun to be. After all it is food. All you need is to eat and comment.
• Becoming a food critic too requires exceptional food tasting skills and writing abilities, like all other professions do.