About Cadence Design Systems Inc.
Founded in 1988, headquartered in San Jose, California, US, Cadence Design Systems Inc., is an American multinational Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software and engineering services company. The company produces software, hardware and silicon structures for designing integrated circuits, systems on chips (SoCs) and printed circuit boards. It's products are used in mobile, consumer, cloud data center, automotive, aerospace, IoT, industrial and other market segments.
In this article, I am going to discuss the selection process of campus placement at Cadence Design Systems Inc. Preparing well with these placement papers will help you answer the questions effectively.
Selection process at Cadence Design Systems Inc.Cadence selection process has three rounds:
1. Written Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR InterviewEligibility Criteria:
- 65% throughout (Class X, XII and Graduation).
- Candidate must be from B.Tech stream.
The first round is written test. It includes the questions from quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning and verbal ability. The test has negative marking, so make sure that attend questions first that you are confident of while attempting the test and do not try to attempt any of those questions which you are not aware of.Some of the sample questions are asked in written test,
1. Ram's earning is 50% more than Shyam's. How much percent is Shyam's earning less than Ram’s?
2. A is greater than B. 40% of A is equal to 60% of B. If their sum is 150, then the value of A is ________.
3. B is twice as efficient as A. A can do a job in 15 days. In how many days can A and B together complete the job?
Technical Interview Questions asked at Cadence
Technical interview is based on technical subjects such as C/C++, Database, Computer networks, Digital Logics Design, etc. Having strong knowledge about technical concepts helps to excel in this round.Some of the sample questions are asked in technical interview,
1. What is the width of a tree? And how will you calculate the width of the tree?
2. What is Class?
3. What is malloc funtion?
The candidate should have strong knowledge on C and Data Structure. Most of the questions are asked from Trees, Linked List and Pointers.
HR Interview Questions asked at CadenceSome of the sample questions are asked in HR interview,
1. What will you do if you are offered a job with a salary higher than this?
2. Do you want to ask us something about the company?
3. In a catastrophic situation like fire what you will do?