Can you give me the course details for MSc. In Finance Programme offered by JBIMS?

I am interested in the new course MSc. In Finance Programme offered by JBIMS, can you please give me the course details?

There is a huge increase in the demand for finance professionals who are capable to set high standards of practice in finance sector. Keeping this in mind, Jamnlal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) has brought into light the Master’s of Science (MSc) in Finance programme. It’s a 2 year course of 4 semesters and a foundation course with 5 subjects each to give preliminary and mandatory understanding of accounting and financial reporting, financial management, econometrics and financial modelling, technical analysis, risk management, etc. There will be an examination after completion of each semester that will be conducted by the university.

Students will be judged on two major components of evaluation in every subject – term work and internal assessment, and a written examination. While 40% of the evaluation will be based on internal assessment, the remaining 60% will be based on written examinations. There is immense emphasis on practical application; therefore, there are 2 practical subjects in each of the first three semesters. The fourth semester also includes a dissertation based on the research work undertaken by a student. One should be eligible to apply for this course.

Eligibility criteria is met when a student is a graduate in any faculty having scored a minimum of 50% and should have opted for math at the higher secondary level or the first year of his/her degree course. Students who will be appearing for their final year graduation examinations can also apply. Apart from the routine projects and written examination, an internship is a mandate part of the course. Students after second year are required to complete a two-month summer internship in an organisation approved by the university.
Post your comment