Explain RTC and it functions? - BIOS
Explain RTC and the functions of it?
- The RTC also known as the real time clock is used keep a track of time for the computer. This device is present in almost every electronics device that requires accurate time to be maintained.
- By using the RTC the power consumption is reduced as it is powered by an alternate source of energy.
- It allow the system to function freely for time-critical tasks.
- This method is also considered to be more accurate in comparison to other products.
- They usually are powered by an alternate source of power generally by button cells.