Food Critic - Courses and Earning Potential
What are the courses which are offered for becoming a food critic?
Although no formal qualification is required in any of the field, but to excel in it & to have an edge over competitors, efficient knowledge in any one or other or both can be beneficial.
• To acquire professional writing skills, the best way is to join a diploma or degree course in journalism, as most of the food critics are supposed to write for some kind of mass media.
Educational Qualification for Bachelors in Mass Communication
o Minimum education is 10+2 class pass or equivalent.
Educational Qualification for Hotel Management Course
o Minimum education is 10+2 class pass (with 60% marks for some reputed institutes) or equivalent.
What is the basic remuneration for a food critic?
• At the onset the salary varies from anything between Rs12, 000 to Rs18, 000. With practice and understanding, the salary increases.
• A critic whose work is placed in a monthly national magazine may be able to make earn more money than someone who writes for the local newspaper.
• Food critics are writers and they are paid per word or per article which is determined by the individual publication.
• A food critics experience also determines his/her salary.
• A food critic can be a
o journalism graduate
o cookbook author