Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner?
Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner?Introduction
Women are considered to be the backbone of a family as they have a high level of patience to deal with every issue. Since many decades, the world has been witnessing the power of women.
Some women prefer to stay as housewives while some decide to continue working even after marriage. Earlier, the people across the world were narrow minded and they restricted women from working. Even today, countries such as Afghanistan restrict the women from achieving education and working after marriage.
But today, the world has started accepting the strength and power of the women. Even the countries like Saudi Arabia came out of their nutshell of not allowing the women to work, travel etc by allowing their woman to participate in an official sports event in 2012.
Every man has a dream about the woman in his life and he might also has a desire that she should be either a housewife or a working women. What would you prefer the woman of your dreams to be - a housewife or the one working in outside world?
- More time – A housewife has more time to spend with her family and kids. They do not face any time limits and thus, they do not need to hurry with their life. A housewife is free from the control of an angry or depressed boss and can take her own time in doing the household chores.
- Relaxed – A housewife can relax when she is sick and need not be answerable to anyone. She is free from the work stress and meeting the deadline of her work. One of the reasons why most of the marriages fail is due to the constant stress. A housewife is free of this stress.
- More freedom – A housewife experiences more freedom than the working women. She is not answerable to any fiery boss regarding any matter and she does not have to seek any body's permission when she is not well. When you are a housewife, you are your own boss. This freedom keeps her happy and going.
- Watching your kids grow – The main advantage of being a housewife is to watch your kids grow. The biggest guilt a working couple faces is the lack of time that they devote to their kids. A housewife always stays with her kid and ultimately, becomes their best friend. This keep the man of the family relaxed as his kids are in safe hands and being looked after properly.
- Learning new skills – A housewife has a lot of time to spare for the activities they like. They can engage themselves in cooking classes, gardening etc and explore new skills. They can also practice their existing skills and can develop themselves. This gives them a feeling of achievement and keeps them happier. A happy relationship goes a long way.
- Can utilize both worlds – The two worlds are always open to a housewife. She can sit at home and take care of her family as well as do some part time work from home. This helps her grow professionally while taking care of house and children.
- Financial Support – The main advantage of a working women is that they are a big financial support to their family in this world of ever rising inflation.
- Source of inspiration – Working women always act as a source of inspiration for their kids as well as their family. They come across the difficulties of the outer world and also find a solution to them. These ideas can many a times be extremely helpful to children and man of the family.
- Independent - This class of women are more independent and efficient on managint the outdoor chores very well. The man feels more comfortable as he doesn't have to deal with everything in the outer world for his family.
- More satisfied – When the woman gets a chance to realise her own dreams, she feels more satisifed and is less complaining which keep the environment at home happy.
Being a housewife or a working woman is a personal choice & both can be equally good - what's important to marry a right person rather than his/ her profession.
- RE: Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner? -Housewife or a working woman (04/26/18)
- Both have their own share of advantages and disadvantages. It is a personal choice as to which way one likes to sit. It also depends on the situation of the person. If a person is well off financially, he might choose to marry a house wife. In case, financial support is require, he can opt for working wife.
- RE: Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner? -Linda (07/26/17)
- I would like to give a better direction to this topic , In the 21st century when women are struggling for their empowerment and their rights , we have some people still stick on this issue of whether a women should be working in office or at home. Would you ever ask this kind of a question to a girl that whether she wants to marry a house husband or a working man . The absolute answer is NO.
The reason is people believe it’s okay for a woman to not work and be dependent on her parents and later on their husbands . But let me show a different angle to you , if we just ignore the gender thing and talk about a person - a mere human being
How do you define a human being ? and I am not asking you the biological definition i.e they belong to the species homo sapiens . NO, NOT THAT DEFINITION.
So ,let’s start with the basics
The basic necessities of a human being are food , shelter ,clothing and of course oxygen.
A human being has certain habits.
A human being has certain interests.
A human being has certain dreams.
A human being has certain goals..
A human being has certain aspirations
Intrinsic aspirations include pursuit of personal growth,health and fitness,close relationships and community contributions
Extrinsic aspirations include pursuit of financial success, recognition and fame,and an appealing image quoted from “The Human Quest for Meaning: Theories, Research, and Applications edited by Paul T. P. Wong”
Therefore if we go by this definition and also consider the mindset of the society , It’s clearly stating that women do not fall under the category of human beings because it’s not important whether they get a chance to explore their interests or not whether they fulfill their extrinsic aspirations or not .
Parents spend a lot of money on their children’s education whether it is a boy or a girl. But the girl has to take permission from her inlaws and husband to work , but WHY ? don't you think this is just demotivating the parents of a girl child ? this simply gives a message “why waste money on your daughter’s education when she’s ultimately going to sit at home and cook for her family” . many women today are not able to free themselves from the shackles of an abusive , failed marriage just because they cannot go back to their parents and also they are not capable enough to support themselves with money . It’s not easy for those women to leave their husbands because they are housewives and their sole source of financial support are their husbands. If we want equality , even women should have the same pressure to work to satiate their needs . and why should a women work ?
Financial independence (why should you beg for alimony after divorce)
learning( key element for personal and professional growth)
You feel better about yourself when you work
You educate a woman , you educate a generation
Personal skills development
And the list goes on.
Don't worry about your children , yes a woman should have a choice of not working when she is going through the maternity phase but only till her children don’t start going to school.Once ,they start their school , she must resume her job.
- RE: Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner? -PRIYA JOSHI (05/30/15)
- Good morning everyone
According to me Working woman is a better choice than housewife as a life partner now a days.
As everyone has their own choice of selecting either to go for working woman as wife or a housewife. If one goes for housewife, then he must of perception that she will manage home properly, will take care of family well, she can devote her all time in proper grooming of their children.
But I don't thing so that all these things working woman can't do. Even they can manage home better than a housewife. Reasons because she has external ex poser, she is much aware of trends and technology in market, she will have better management skills as she has to take care of home as well as outside home, she will have broad sense of humor. Apart from this she has earning capacity too which will not only decrease the problem of financial drop in family with passage of time but can provide better lifestyle and education to their family and children because of good financial status.
- RE: Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner? -APARNA (05/29/15)
- WELL BEING A GIRL I THINK I AM TRULY BLESSED ON THIS POINT OF DEBATE AS I HAVE THE CHOICE OF EITHER MAKING A FAMILY OR MAKING A CAREER. BUT I THINK ITS QUITE INJUSTICE ON THE BOYS SIDE AS THEY RARELY HAVE ANY OPTION. PARENTS , SOCIETY AND EVEN A WORKING WOMEN WOULD NOT READILY ACCEPT A MAN WHO IS NOT WORKING. THE TIMES ARE CHANGING FOR THE WOMEN BUT AT THE COST OF MEN WHICH IS NOT MORALLY CORRECT.
THIS KIND OF SETUP IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT ACHIEVING AN INCLUSIVE GROWTH IN INDIA. IF ONE SECTOR GROWS THE OTHER COMPROMISES AS IN CASE OF DEFENSE AND EDUCATION OR AS IN CASE OF WOMEN AND MEN.
MANY PEOPLE CONSIDER IT AS AN INDIVIDUAL DECISION OF A WOMEN TO WORK OR NOT TO WORK BUT IN MY OPINION IT PLAYS A VERY SIGNIFICANT MACRO ECONOMIC ROLE WHICH MUST BE UNDERSTOOD.
IN A POPULATED COUNTRY LIKE INDIA ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY TO EVERYBODY. WHILE THE GOVT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN CREATING MORE JOBS THAN EVER, UNEMPLOYMENT IS YET TO BE TACKLED. THIS IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE EVER INCREASING NUMBER OF CANDIDATES. WHILE MEN DON'T HAVE ANY CHOICE, WOMEN SIMPLY DON'T WANT TO USE THEIR CHOICE. MOREOVER IN MOST OF THE CASES THEY ARE FAVORED OVER MEN IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS RESULTING IN LARGER NUMBER OF MEN REMAINING UNEMPLOYED. IS THIS THE KIND OF EQUALITY THAT WE WANT? AN EQUALITY BASED ON FAVORITISM AND QUOTAS?
IN A COUNTRY WHERE CRORES OF FAMILIES DON'T EVEN HAVE A SINGLE EARNING HAND, ITS REALLY NOT JUSTIFIED OF AN EDUCATED COUPLE TO WORK TOGETHER. EARNINGS OF ONE IS ENOUGH FOR PEACEFUL SURVIVAL OF 2-3 PEOPLE . WHILE AN EDUCATED WOMEN CAN NURTURE HER CHILDREN AND CONTRIBUTE TO A MORALLY RESPONSIBLE SOCIETY IN PLACE OF A MATERIALISTIC SOCIETY.
SO IN ALL SUCH CASES BALANCE IS THE KEY. I AM NOT ENTIRELY AGAINST A WORKING WOMEN BUT I RATHER SUPPORT THE FORMULA OF NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT MUST BE DEPENDED UPON AN EMPLOYED PERSON. THIS IS LIKE A C.S.R. ON AN INDIVIDUAL LEVEL. ALSO MEN AND WOMEN HAVE TO EXIST TOGETHER SO THEY BETTER STAND AS COMPLEMENTARY TO EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF STANDING AS COMPETITOR TO EACH OTHER.
LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST WHICH A PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE THE BIGGEST CULPRIT OF THIS RISING IMBALANCE IN SOCIETY. IT IS DUE THEIR EXPLOITATION, TORTURE & DISRESPECT THAT FORCED WOMEN TO STEP OUT AND SHOW THE WORLD HER REAL WORTH. SO NOW IF A WORKING WOMEN DEMANDS A DOWRY FOR MARRYING AN UNEMPLOYED MAN, SHE DOES NO WRONG. BUT THEN , THIS IS NOT A WAY OUT. DOWRY, TORTURES & DISRESPECT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED IN ANY CASE.
- RE: Housewife or a working woman - Your chioce of life partner? -Rohit kumar jain (05/29/15)
- As we know that every person has right to do any thing in his Life so I would give Choice to my life partner That she wants to do job or she wants to live like a housewife.