Hydraulic System and Components – 6 – MCQs and Answers1. Which of the following statements are true?
1. piston pumps are self priming
2. piston pumps require high maintenance
3. piston pumps have low cost of production
4. piston pumps have low volumetric efficiency
a. 1 and 2
b. 3 and 4
c. 1 and 3
d. all the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer 2. A bent axis piston pump has
a. pump axis bent
b. cylinder block which is inclined at an angle to the drive shaft
c. both a and b
d. none of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
3. In which of these pumps, swash plate is replaced by cylinder block?
ANSWER: b. cylinder block which is inclined at an angle to the drive shaft
a. bent axis piston pump
b. radial piston pump
c. axial piston pump
d. none of theseView Answer / Hide Answer
4. What happens when the distance between flange and cylinder block is varied?
ANSWER: a. bent axis piston pump
a. piston displacement cannot be varied
b. variable flow rate of fluid can be achieved
c. fixed flow rate can be achieved
d. all the above View Answer / Hide Answer
5. What is the maximum angle between cylinder block and shaft axis?
ANSWER: b. variable flow rate of fluid can be achieved
d. all the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer 6. When does holding piston keep the angle between yoke and cylinder block maximum?
a. when set pressure is greater than load pressure
b. when set pressure is less than load pressure
c. when set pressure and load pressure are same
d. all the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. when set pressure is greater than load pressure