Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals?
Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals?
The recent incident in Delhi’s zoo has evoked a mixed response. Contrary media reports are coming, some claiming that the tiger killed the boy whereas some are suggesting that the tiger was actually saving the boy from stone pelting of crowd. Whatever the truth may be, but the real question has been left behind. Should the animals be allowed to roam freely in jungles instead of their confinement to cages in zoo?
-Nature has bestowed every living creature a natural habitat. For animals this habitat is jungle not zoo.
-Animals cannot speak and are mentally inferior to humans. But that doesn’t mean we have got the license to keep them within the walls or behind the bars.
-Nature has its own ways of limiting the animal population and every animal has a definite role to play in natural food cycle. By interfering in the natural cycles, humans are disturbing the delicate balance set by nature.
-Every animal prefers to live in its natural habitat. Facilities in the zoo don’t matter here. The truth is we cannot create the natural environment in the zoo.
-We talked a lot about human rights. But we hardly talk about animal rights, because we don’t care for them. Like human rights we should respect their rights too.
-Animal's population is dwindling at alarming rates. To save this population from extinction we need to provide them a safe place like zoo.
-Through zoo’s we can educate people about the animals and make them realize their importance for us.
-Everyone cannot go to jungles to see animals. So through zoos, animals artificial habitat can be created in cities, so that people especially children can see animals in reality.
-Zoologist can research on animals through zoos. Also they can monitor animal’s behavior closely for better understanding.
It’s true that we cannot replicate natural environment of jungle through zoo. But zoos too have their importance. People feel connected to the animals when they encounter them face to face in zoos, as most of them can’t go to jungles for seeing these animals. Still we need to make animals life better with more facilities in zoos. Also provisions can be made to keep an animal in zoo for a limited time only. Zoo environment should be altered to increase its proximity to jungles.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -hvs (08/02/19)
- wonderful and awesome essay i really appritiate it
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Peckham (05/28/16)
- I agree with Pratab, Even though I'm not against letting animals free in their natural habitat, Its becoming a necessity for us to keep them safe in the artificial environment as we all are somuch aware of the present situation on human interference on ecosystem. Human development is inevitable and for development, man need space. They may lack freedom but they live. Its not an animal imprisonment its a life boat for the future generation. hoping for the better awareness on reforestation and human population control.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Shruti Shrabya (05/27/16)
- It’s obvious that animals want to live free, but cannot express verbally.
We always talk about human rights, human freedom, but what about animal rights?
Though, human is mentally and socially superior to animal, that doesn’t mean the latter is emotionless. They too have emotions in them. It’s just that they are human ascendants and so they have manifested to reside in jungle.
Jungles are just place for animals since, it’s their natural habitat. No one has the right to keep them in cage or behind bars.
Although, zoo is safe but at the same time, it’s a prison for them. Instead of zoos, animals should be kept in Sanctuaries or National Parks. Keeping them as “prisoners” can make them go furious.
But, jungles are vanishing at a rapid pace, so, these days artificial habitats are proving to be better to keep these creatures safe.
On the other hand, zoos can make humans learn how to give prominence to these wild beings.Ultimately, people too, feel connected to animals when they confront them in zoos. To restrain zoos, it is needed to provide them with better facilities, a better environment and a large space to each and every animal.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Samar Pratap (05/16/16)
- In my point of view the best place for animals where they are free and relax is only "Jungle"
because as we human want freedom animal too want freedom. If zoologist really want to research on animal it can be done one place like national park and sanctuaries.
In now days most of the animals are extincting so to stop it we should banned all zoos.
If children want to see animal in reality national park and sanctuaries are the right not zoos.
animal should have equal right freedom like we have.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Rahul gupta (04/09/16)
- Due to urbanization jungles are disappearing and to counter balance thus we are constructing zoos. We can't stop urbanization so it is better for the animals to stay in zoos rather than jungles in these days .The days have become worsened .From my point of view zoos are better than jungles in these modern days.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Shilpi (09/28/15)
- In my view, jungle is the natural habitat of animals and it should not be interferred with artificial environment like zoos. If we want to save animals then we should encourage the concept of biosphere reserves, where man and animals can live in harmony and the privacy of animals can be protected from human invasion.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Dipanjali (09/27/15)
- jungle is d rit and nyc place for animal coz they live in freedom there bt now a days junglev z nt safety fr animal . Zoo is safety fr animal
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Partha pratim biswas (09/25/15)
- Jungle is the best place of the animal bcz jungle is the natural habitet.junjle is the free freedom of the animal.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -anand (10/15/14)
- i think joo is the best for animals because aaj jungal hai hi kahan so i think joo is the best place where aminals are protected and safe ..
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Deepa Kaushik (10/09/14)
- Every living creature is blessed by a natural habitat to live in. This habitat is nothing but what the human beings term as home. Animals, especially the wild animals require some natural surrounding to lead a free life. They being a part of the ecosystem and food pyramid have their own food chain within jungle. Though we can try to mimic their habitat in a confined environment in the Zoological Parks and Wildlife Sancturies, still they are no good as jungle to the animals.
Animals do have their own routine and they also need to be active enough to hunt their prey. Providing food supplies doesn't cherish the wild animals as good as hunting. A zoo is like a house arrest for humans. Though we can be free within our house, still our activity gets restricted in case like in curfews or house arrests, similarly animals also find these artificial environment as living behind the bars.
Humans have the sixth sense which makes them superior to animals in some way. But we should not forget the fact that neither are we humans superior in every manner to animals, nor does the sixth sense support the inhuman cruel way of treating the co-living creatures. Animals are not tourist spots to enjoy them after putting them behind tge bars. They do have the right to live a free life without external influence and obstacles.
This topic has a very clear conclusion and is beyond discussion that animals should be left to lead a free life in the jungle which is their natural habitat
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -prativa sahoo (10/09/14)
- in my point of view jungle is the best place for animals. if we humans have rights of freedom then animals too. where we cannot think of staying behind bars n live our life like a prisoner then how do animals. if we keep them in a zoo then they become more violent. as far as zoo is concerned we can't provide a natural environment for them in zoos rather than in jungles. they play a vital role in food processing. so, i am in d favor of animals staying jungles.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Aayush Kumar Garg (10/08/14)
- To live in jungle is the birth right of animal and we have no right to imprison them for doing research on them or self joyfulness.
- RE: Jungle or Zoo - Which is the right place for animals? -Priya singh (10/08/14)
- No zoo is not right place for animal .nature provide everyone there right place .for our sake we place them in zoo but we can't provide right environment like jungle.In zoo we care them we provide all things they need but everyone wants thier freedom instead of this type of care .