Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes
Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes
In the 20th Lalit Doshi Memorial Lecture, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan said that no one but only Mahatma Gandhi should feature on the currency notes. He said that undoubtedly there are many great Indians, but no one can match Mahatma Gandhi. Getting anyone else on the currency notes can be controversial. Do you agree with RBI governor? Do you think only Mahatma Gandhi should be featured on the Currency notes?
• He is the man who led the fight of independence. It was impossible for India to achieve its freedom without Bapu.
• It needs courage to leave the worldly pleasures you have and work for the people who are living a miserable life, which Mahatama Gandhi could do.
• Mahatma Gandhi advocated the thought that if you want to change the world, first change yourself. He is the only one who is respected all over the world.
• There are a number of famous people but all of them failed to impress a large chunk of people.
• Any kind of change made at this time will only create chaos and political disorders in the country.
• There are many other freedom fighters who contributed equally in the freedom fight of India.
• Bal Gangadhar Tilak who was known as the "Father of Indian Movement" worked as a social reformer and laid the foundation of modern India.
• The contributions of other revolutionaries including Bhagat Singh in the national movement cannot be ignored.
• Lal Bahadur Shastri was the world known leader whose efforts for the development of India are still admired. Why does he not deserve to be on Indian notes?
It is a bitter truth that no one is perfect in this world. Considering the contributions of Mahatma Gandhi, it is not wrong to feature him on the currency notes but there are many other great people who contributed in the development process of India. And, in any case their contributions cannot be ignored. If an opportunity arises to feature any more people on the currency of India, other people can also be given a chance.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Divyan Singh Bhadauria (09/04/15)
- I think there should not be any person imprinted on the notes.India is really a diverse country and we have a lot of things to be imprinted on them.Different cultures and traditions can be imprinted to show the diversity of the country's economy.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Mira Moharana (08/05/15)
- In my point of view, Mahatma Gandhi gave us freedom for which we are respecting him a lot and we made him as our national father. And every Indian should give respect to the Mahatma Gandhi. But there was lots of freedom fighters who helped him with his journey for the freedom and we could not neglect those persons. So for respecting their contribution for the national freedom we must remember them. They really deserves to be feature on the currency notes.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Vikas Bhardwaj (08/01/15)
- Hi Friends,
i think there should not be any faces on the notes. India is really a diverse country and we have a lot of things that we can show on our notes As we all know that Corruption has gone into the roots of the people and if we allowed the faces to be imprinted on the notes that people will fight to have there XX person on the notes and of-course every bodies name cannot be imprinted on them, as those people don't have any aspiration for getting famous they wanted to make there mother free.
Even after the launch the people will pat there pats and many people make it an election issue. Some can also link it with xyz which in real have no relation with that.
So, I think every thing should be currently remain as it is, may be 50-60 years, this thing can be thought of but not in the current scenario.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -ajay (07/31/15)
- I would like to share my view .according to me there are many freedom fighter..had fought for India freedom and the mahatma Gandhi is one of them...how can we ignore other like Bhagat singh, bal gangadhar tilak who sacrifice his life for a country ..
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -tanu (07/31/15)
- according to me every people that does something great for the nation or country irrespective of any return they should have a chance to be an emblem.for that people should remember them as like bapu.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -sweta tomar (07/31/15)
- In my opinion, now the priority of featured on the currency notes is given to the other freedom fighters because there are many freedom fighters who equally contribute in making india independence, but to develop india and gives many missiles and nuclear reactors to our country RIP Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam plays a great role so the priority also given to him.... Now in this era the picture should be switch to Dr.Kalam b'coz of him,our country get a place in powerful and developing country's list.......
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Aamir malik (07/30/15)
- I think all the freedom fighters deserve the fame like mahatma gandi because they all strugle for the freedom of our nation on talking about the stamp on currency notes so mahatma gandhi stamped over so many years so why we r going to change it is there any need to change it now???
This may be done politicak disorder in our country as we know our politation so just let it go how it is going fom many years.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Avinash sharma (07/29/15)
- in my point of view,only word used ,was not correct..there were so many freedom fighters n they would all have the equally importance. As we know india is at the top in democary ...also known for there peace n ghandhi ji suits perfect on the word PEACE.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -manoj rajput (07/26/15)
- mahatma gandhi was not only a freedom fighter but he was the great personality .he gave the great msg to world of nonviolence and peace which need today for all world .
and these is very important that mahatma gandhi was foughtfor indian independent with all relegious people like hindu muslim shikh and all . with humanity and non violence. and no one can underestimate the contribution of mahatma gandhi about indain independence.and it very correct to stamp a photo of mahatma gandhi on indian currency .and this is indain image in the world for go through the peace and non violence way .
not only india over the all world arrount 80 country 250 tickets strat ticket which stamp of mahatma gandhi photo.which include america jermany , austaliya etc .
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Firos (04/03/15)
- We all know about 'Bharath Ratna'. It is the highest civilian award given by the union government to personalities "in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order". But now even local political parties are demanding that their founding leaders may be conferred with this honour. In the future if a govt with these parties having a high stake come to power, we can expect their leaders getting this award. Similarly, if we started printing more faces in currency notes soon we can find local leaders finding places in our notes; nobody can stop it from happening. So as a standard we can confine only Mahatmaji's face to appear on currency notes.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -asim vishal (04/03/15)
- i believe that yes only Mahatma Gandhi deserves to be featured on the currency notes as he was the only one who had led the fight for freedom.the mode of nonviolence which he choose was the one which forced the British to leave the country,and only due to this he has been respected all around the globe.he was a lawyer he could have earned a lot by various law practices but he left all the luxuries for the freedom of India which drew attention of many people of India and most of them supported him.and yes if we go on changing the photo of mahatma Gandhi i believe it is the politician who will take an advantage of this and will result in various riots all over the country so for peace in our country the image should not be changed.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Nancy mehta (04/03/15)
- yes ,according to me Mahatma Gandhi deserves to be on the currency notes as BAPU's contribution for our nation's freedom is well known to the whole world.His statue in the London Square symbolises the respect and popularity he has bt the contribution of others in the stuggle cannot be neglected.
We can find a midway for this as our emblem comprises many animals like lions,bull,elephant and a horse .We can print on on our currency note mahtma gandhi,bal gangadhar tilak,lakshmi bai.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Himansu Rath (04/02/15)
- Yes there ware many freedom fighters in India , they did a lot for our country ,they scarifies their life to got the freedom ,Mahatma Gandhi was also one of them .it is not wrong to say that we got our freedom for the Non-violence protest . He was famous in the world for his personality , leadership ,non-violence nature. he act as a main leader in freedom fight. due to his reputation ,nature ,Leadering capcity become the reason to be featured on the currency note.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Raju Machhuwa (04/02/15)
- As we know, many Indian have sacrificed their life to bring independent in our country. For example Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Ballav Bhai Patel, Ball Gangadhar Tilak, Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Boss, Veer Kunwar Singh, Rani Lakshi Bai etc. They all have contributed to free our India. This was not easy to do free our India by only one person. We should respect all of them by our heart. If we talk about Gandhiji, he was a great hero of Indian freedom's struggle. There are not a sigle child who don't know him because when child see him on currency then the ask to own parents about him and if you ask to many of children about another leaders they don't know. This is not true that another hadn't fight for our country. They have.
India have currency of rupee 1, 5,10,20,50,100,500,1000.
So, government should print the photographs of each leader on different currency because of Indian remember theirs sacrifice and know about them that how they did fights against British in unity and India is today free.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -rahul (03/25/15)
- Yehh well I favour my friends that the mhatma gndi photo should be printed on currency bcZ it is national issue bcz mg is the one of world famous personality nd can be known by 70% pf worldwide nd has a positive image so being featuring or on behalf of indian representative mg should be imprinted
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Fghjidxvj (03/22/15)
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Pushpendra raghav (03/19/15)
- Before discussing it is important to know the importance of currency note. When the note circulate worldwide then the photo on the note describes the things for which a country is known. Mahatma ghandhi refelects the great indian culture in all aspects. No other personality is as suitable as ghandhiji because of their remarkable contribution . So it should cont...
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -sudipta kar (02/20/15)
- in my point of view as he is the father of our nation and famous for his unique non-violence method to overcome all the difficulties all over the world..so he s the icon of our country.so it is right only gandhi ji deserves to be featured on currency notes
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -abhay kumar sahu (02/18/15)
- As we all know that bapu is also known as our national father.it might be that all freedom fighters contribution foor freedom was equal.but beside bapu no one had the gutts to stay without diding any kind of violence .so after all the mahatma ji became a great indian person .
We can say that he was the one man army.till today he is very respect full person. So no doubt he is only perfect for featured for currency.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be On The Currency Notes -Gurpreet (02/18/15)
- I don't have any problem with Mahatma Gandhi on currency notes. I have problem with the word "only "
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -nilesh kumar (02/12/15)
- there are many faces to say about in the favour and against this. for example every freedom fighters have been given equal credit so why mahatma gandhi.
so i just want to say that m.k.gandhi was not only name and person ,,he was one of the man who stablished his ideology to everyone and boost up everyone according to his ideology. whatever there was problem he had perseverance. he is a ideology to the world. so i think his credit is more than others .so he desrves it.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Prashant (02/07/15)
- If only Gandhi ji deserves to be featured on the currency notes because he fought fought for our freedom then there are many other great peoples who fought for our freedom and contributed equally till the end, on that level of judgement all these icons have a right to be featured on the currency notes,,,,why only Gandhi ji??
yes its true that he was a intelligent leader but all i know that no one can fight alone that big fight,unity is a very important factor to win a big fights,because " WHERE THERE IS UNITY THERE IS ALWAYS VICTORY"
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Digambar singh (02/06/15)
- There is no dout that there were many icons of india freedom and they also deserve.but question will arise who will replace him.
India is a country where many religious and social people lives.
So quick change may disorder something.gandhi ji was accepted for indian currency and no one should problem with mahatma gandhi.i think there should not be any change.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Patni Raju Darapaneni (02/06/15)
- Gandhi is the only icon accepted by all the religious, spiritual, social and the political societies of the world. His philosophy of "Truth" with the means of "Non-violence" is the ultimate truth of all the 13 major world religions. India is facing the crisis of Terrorism, Naxalism, Violence against children and woman etc. due to non compliance of Gandhi's philosophy. Two more Gandhi's had to face the violent deaths and many more. India marches economically backwards due to non-compliance of Gandhi's philosophy of "Gram Swaraaj". It is not only for India, but the world need Gandhi, in order to survive. He is relevant as long as man kind exists. He has no match so far.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -sanket (12/06/14)
- Mahatma Gandhi inspired millions of people world over to take the path of non-violence and civil disobedience. 5 world leaders who got Noble Peace prize viz. Martin Luther King Jr. (USA), Dalai Lama (Tibet), Aung San SuuKyi (Myanmar), Nelson Mandela (S. Africa) and Adolfo Perez Esquivel (Argentina) have acknowledged the fact that they were influenced by the philosophy of Gandhi. Yet, Mahatma Gandhi; the man who inspired these Nobel Peace Prize winners, never got a Noble Prize !
We think it is a loss for the Noble - the prize; not for Gandhi - the man who is above all prizes.
Mahatma Gandhi's main contribution lay in the fact that he bridged the gulf between the intelligentsia and the masses and widened the concept of Swaraj to include almost every aspect of social and moral regeneration. Paying tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his death, famous scientist Albert Einstein said, "Generations to come will scarce believe that such a man as this walked the earth in flesh and blood".
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -vikas jha (10/15/14)
- yes,Mahatama Gandhi is not a man this day. he is a ideology of world so very impact .
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Priya singh (10/15/14)
- I agree with deepa well said by her. Mahatama gandhi did alot to make india free but he was not the only leader who fight for freedom .As we all know the leader like lal bahadur shastri, Bhagat singh, Subash chander bosh r d leader who fight for freedom .then why only gandhi ji deserved to featured on the currency.
we all know that gandhi ji also know as Father of nation but sarder vallabhai patel is also know as iron man of india and lal bahadur shastri a man of peace . After india's independence lal bahadur shastri become prime minster n vallabhai patel deputy prime minister n contributed their life to our motherland India .
even there more leader who contributed their life so why only gandhi ji is deserved to featured on curremcy
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -anshul (10/14/14)
- There is no doubt that Mahatama Gandhi lead the freedom movement. He lead many movements like civil disobedience, non cooperation, quit india and many more with his simple ideology of truth and nonviolence. Since 1920's till 1947 he was the person who was consistent with his ideas with thousands of followers including big leaders.
Yes , it is true that there were hundreds of freedom fighters who chose to fight against british empire with ideology of extremism and sacrificed their lives. They also ignited heart , mind and soul of people of India and gave a great strength to whole movement.
But Mahatama Gandhi was the only face which was persistent over the decades and emerged as biggest leader of non- violence movement.
Every nation requires a face , an identity and currency plays a very important role in defining this as and our national emblem with quote " Satya Mev Jayate " resembles preaching of Gandhi ji of truth.
As there can be only one flag of a nation , one national emblem, anthem etc, therefore there should be only one face on currency and only Mahatama Gandhi deserves to be featured on currency notes.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -sonali srivastava (10/14/14)
- I think there is nothing wrong in portryaing the picture of Gandhi ji ON OUR CURRENCY but i think it would be better to portray that pictures which helps in incresing or developing humanity among the Indians like some pictures related with against child labour,against violence with females,corruption etc.which helps encouraging human for being human.
Another option which coula also be accepted that we should also go for portraying pictures of famous places and monuments of INDIA which will help in making all world familiar with our huge assests.
- RE: Only Mahatma Gandhi Deserves To Be Featured On The Currency Notes -Deepa Kaushik (10/06/14)
- Good remarks by Dipak, to say, rather than discussing whose image to be featured on the currency note, the first thing that is to be discussed is whether there is any requirement to stamp anyone on the currency note? Why Mahatma Gandhi or anyone else to be portrayed on the currency note?
Almost every Indian child has gone through the freedom struggle stories of India. They are more aware of Gandhi and Gandhian thoughts in comparison to other freedom fighters. Mahatma Gandhi being titled as ‘Mahatma’ and termed the ‘Father of the Nation’ has received much fame than any other freedom fighter. But this could be no reason to stamp his face on the currency note. Mahatma Gandhi was the one who kept himself away from the worldly pleasures, then why to bind him to the currency.
Every freedom fighter had been equally important. Though famous or not, every person who has fought the freedom struggle is great to provide us this nation with the free air to breathe in. no one is less important. It is not possible to feature everyone on the currency, as we don’t know the names of the majority Indians who had undergone the hardships. In such a scenario, it would be better to leave everyone and let the currency remain on its own.
If at all an image is that much important to portray on the currency note, then why not the same could be of our Mother India? Rather than any particular person, the country itself can represent its currency. Coming on the practicality, our nation is a wide stage for frequent agitations. Any sort of change can prove to be a igniting factor and call for riots and violence at different parts of country. Hence, to maintain the peaceful situation in the country, it would be wise to continue on with what the image we are already having, Mahatma Gandhi, to be featured on our currency notes.