Skills required to be a food critic.
What are the skills required to be a food critic?
You should have a Diploma/PG or MA programmes in Journalism & Hotel Management and possess these traits:
• You must be able to understand what other people want.
• You should have good people skills, and must be attentive and be able to work with different people.
• You should be capable enough to work in challenging situations.
• A good understanding of the culinary business is a must.
• A good amount of training and experience in the industry. The food critic should be able to provide valuable and unbiased criticism.
• You should be able to understand the various types of cuisines.
• You should possess professional integrity, a must in all professions.
• You should have admirable presentation skills.
• You should have good communication skills, as this involve working with people from different places and cultures.
• You should have the eagerness to try out new dishes and also be well adapt with the techniques of cooking.
• You should be objective in your evaluations & avoid bias.