Smartphones are making people dumb
Smartphones are making people dumb
The Smartphones have entirely changed the world of communication, and the impact of its introduction is visible on personal as well as professional lives. Smartphones come with multifunctional tools and several number of apps which bring uncountable benefits to businesses both large and small. It is the prime reason behind the name ‘Smartphones.’ However, there is a group which believes that Smartphones are making people dumb. Do you agree with the statement?
- The greatest drawback of using smartphones is the adverse impact on people’s memory. Nowadays, people tend to forget things due to excessive use of Smartphones.
- Previously, people didn’t have any problem in remembering the telephone numbers and other tasks to do; however, it is not the same case now.
- The so called useful tools including social networking apps, fully functional web surfing, games and many others mindlessly occupy time of people. Instead of doing productive work, people keep on wasting their precious time.
- Let us talk in terms of money. A Smartphone can be bought under Rs 20000 as well as above Rs 40000. There is no doubt that the expensive ones have more features. But more than 80% of people don’t even know what the features are. They just buy to showoff, and hence are nothing but dumb.
- Smartphones make people dependent or rather say addicted to it. The users remain at the mercy of the notifications. There is no dividing line between rational use and addiction, which results in stress and decreased productivity.
- Texting on Smartphones has deteriorated people’s English grammar and spellings. Even on formal papers they write either the SMS language or wrong spellings. This is another step towards being a dumb.
- Smartphones are directly related to technology. How can Smartphone make people dumb when the technology related to it changes forcing the people to get acquainted with latest changes?
- Smartphones come with several tools that help the people increase their productivity. It is a learning tool, even for the professionals.
- Information for virtually all the people is available, which the users utilize to complete their tasks even when they are on move.
- Smartphones makes people wiser as they can check products of different companies, compare their features and prices, and can select the best one out of them. It helps to know what are the facts related to everything, and therefore is a rare chance that people are fooled by marketers.
- Smartphones makes people smarter as they now use the voice communication apps to appear for an exam, test or interview.
Smartphones can be better defined as a tool that present a latest conundrum of productivity. On one side, they force innovation to follow people wherever they go, and on the other side, they amplify the negative habits enter into the people’s lives. Understanding how to reduce the bad while focusing on the good is the smart way of using a Smartphone. So, use it wisely, and don’t allow anyone to comment ‘Smartphone has made you dumb.’
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -sushant (11/13/15)
- smartphones are not making people dumb but we can't run from fact that in the present world ., people are very much dependent on technology i.e.. smartphones , computers etc. now a days our life routines is in full swing we just move ahead everytime. the whole world is becoming smart and thus we want too .
yes .. it is correct that now a days we are much more dependent on technologies but it depend upon us .. that how much we are dependent on these gadgets.
and freinds everything has advantage and disadvantages but i think "NO" . smartphones are not making people dumb. beacause right now also we are discussing on this topic while using our smartphones only :)
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Mahesh kumar (10/27/15)
- it is completely useful in our daily life but it is harmful too
- - -Tobias (10/25/15)
- (German person here, forgive some wonky grammar please!)
I totally agree. I do not have a smartphone (or cellphone) myself and thus I have a great contrast of "non-smartphoners" and smartphone users up to real addicts.
First of all, I chose not to get involved in the cellphone hype since the early 2000s. Kids in school went home, saying "see you in Skype" instead of saying "See you in the park". I found that creepy and with cellphones, they rather text messages than meeting themselves.
Smartphones make people dumb. And that's nothing but true. When I had to travel by train, I printed all the stuff I needed (shedules, train numbers etc.) and remembered the timetables. I even made a 2nd plan in case there are delays and I have to take a different route. When I showed others how I manage my travel, they were like "That's too much thinking". Same with appointments. People are too used to simply text "I do not come or I am too late". The problem there is: The lack of pressure. When I am too late I hurry up. These people just text. And what's with these "I will arrive later" sort of nonsense? I realize that when I am waiting for the other guy and he is not there. No need to tell me the obvious...
I work in a grocery store and people complain about the price of the tomatoes increasing by 20 Cent, yet they spent 1.000 EUR+ for their "always online" bullshit. At home, they pay twice for their DSL connection. These companies make people addicted to time sinks. Succesfully so.
I am born in 1990, so I am grown up amongst cellphones and smartphones. I have an iPod Touch, a fast "gaming PC", a multimedia home system etc. All that tech stuff, but I will avoid smartphones as much as I can. I am proud to be able to plan something myself. I am proud that I can get around in a town with a map. I am also proud to remember things instead of storing this into a device (fair enough: I note something down in my iPod touch's note app.)
So far, 9 out of 10 people were amazed and liked the idea of me living that way. The optician asking for my mobile number to call me when my glasses are ready to be picked up, the doctor when he saw I have a landline number etc. But for some reason, no-one of them would stop their smartphone usage. They are amazed and fascinated but could never do that themselves. That is what I call addiction.. and dumb.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -jitendra (10/10/15)
- I think to say smart phone is making people dumb is wrong because it is created only for increasing tech knowledge. It makes people dumb when people are fully dependent on smartphones. It makes better communication, better shoping option, better , helps travelling and many other helps like as dictionary use, entertainment. So it makes our life flexible. So i would like to say it is gifted for all of us.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -seema (10/09/15)
- I don't think that Smartphones are making people dumb.It depend on how you use it and how much you use it.smartphone helps us in day to day life and make it simple and easy.we need to consider technology as the servant and not let them become are masters.just need to limit the use and it will be great blessing that has power to change our life completely.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Subah Dupay (09/19/15)
- And Subah....go back to India...Dubai.....Guadalupe...or wherever you are from....and stay there.....until you can spell and type with your brain...
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -People Educated (09/19/15)
- I think you are all dumb....
Use spell check or become educated in language and communication...
Stupid people....you're the reason smartphones are indeed making you stupid.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -suman saurabh (09/12/15)
- According to me smartphones r making people dum because today people can't remember their own number how he can say that he remembered upto 40-50 number. For a small calculation he use their smartphone. for seeing date he use smart phone he totally depand on the marcy of smartphone he can't get up in the morning without a alearm. for a simple spelling mistake or grammar mistake he open the phone dictionary . People can't remember general knowledge questions.they always use social site and wasted their important time and forget about their important work .they use colander to saw the date because they can't remember the date. One thing they always play games on smartphone they can't participate in outdoor game so they were can't grow mentally as well as physically now we can say that smartphones are making people dumb
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -suman saurabh (09/12/15)
- According to me smartphones r making people dum because today people can remember their own number how we can say that he remembered upto 40-50 number. For a small calculation he use their smartphone for seeing date he use smart phone he totally depand on the marcy of smartphone he can't get up in the morning without a alearm for simple spelling mistake or grammar mistake he open the phone dictionary . People can't remember general knowledge questions.they always use social site and sometime they forget their important work and wasted their important time.use colander to saw the date. One thing they always play games on smartphone they can't participate in outdoor game so they were can't grow mentally as well as physically now we can say that smartphones are making people dumb
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Rekha Negi (04/23/15)
- In my perception i would like to say dat smartphones r not making people dumb.. Becoz dis technology is made for us to make our live bettef. People who say dis techno. Dumb are also using smartphones.. If m nt wrong. They can jst blame bt why dey dont think dat dis techno has given us such a wide thinking like we can shop by dis techno. we can order anythng by jst one click.. We can pay our bills or transfer money anywhere. One who says dat it is spoiling our languge or writtng skills dey are forgettinv dat smartphones has an opntn to improve our spellings & it corrects wat we write. Its easy to blame bt diffuclt to make. I appriciate who bring dis techno. for us to use. It speed up our mind & typing skills. Its gud for me.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -yeluri sandeep (04/22/15)
- smart phones are expand the universe.we can connect with others and we can collect the information easier and faster than ever...
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -anupam kumar (04/03/15)
- yes i agreed with you that smartphone are making people dumb. people are not buying phone as per requirment ,they buy ph one for just show up. yes smartphone definetly helps people there are several apps like google map , just dial etc which help us but people waist their time on unwanted activity like socal networking site they spend lots of time in such type of activity.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -asim vishal (04/03/15)
- smart phones the name it self suggest hat it is smart,so a smart person is required to operate it.i dont think smart phone makes people dumb.
today is the world of technology and people need to be in the race.using technology helps in improving the quality of work and reduces time.the smart phones have various apps which is very useful for people.nowadays people dont have th time to go through the newspaper,there is an app for it.you can read the news paper on your smart phone.there are many applications which you require every day.it helps in protection of womens.moreover the smart phone are much cheaper then laptop or computers,so even the poor section of the society can use it.this will help in development of people and not makig them dumb.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Himansu Rath (04/02/15)
- Smartphones are making the people smart. it helps to communicate ,entertainment ,increase
knowledge,know about the world. it is true that people are spending a lot of time by charting, playing game,listening music. some are thinking use of costly smart phone create a special image in society and some are so much addictated that they spend many time in using smartphone, it is our fault not the smart phone.The main purpose of the smart phone was not this.it is mainly used for easier the work not to making people dumb.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -priya (04/01/15)
- Smartphone becoming smarter n smarter and we human beings becoming dumber and dumber. We woke up and without even doing essential things we die to see our device just to see whether we got any notification or not. if not then we feel low. We will waste lots and lots of time in using our smart phone but to talk with family, sit with parents we don't have time. Seriously this so called device ruling our life.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Naveen kumar (03/28/15)
- Smartphones have made the life of people quite easy as compared to earlier . Web Surfing , learning apps, online transactions have made peoples life comfortable . I don't think that saying that smartphones have made the life of people dumb will be correct but instead it has enhanced the productivity of people . They have adapted to the technological advancements in the world and how to use it to the maximum . But excess of everything is bad . So we should limit ourselves to the smartphones usage and spare sometime to the family because we have been so engrossed to these gadgets that we have forgotten the family responsibility . A single thing can have both negative and positive aspects . WE have to decide what to choose among them .
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Neha (03/27/15)
- I don't think smartphones are making people dumb but these phones are helpful for the people in every context...smartphones are very useful for the students to get updated with the knowledge....there are many apps which helps people for their need..it is good for entertainment as songs,videos and games are there...so all in all it depends on the peson who is using it,either as a boon or as a bane.
- RE: Smartphones are making people dumb -Deepa Kaushik (02/17/15)
- Rather than saying that Smartphones are making people dumb, can we call the common man becoming slave to the technology. This is what is the actual status of the present era. Smartphones have become the thing to show-off rather than using that as per the requirement. People don’t select a phone as per their requirement but they just buy to show their fake image in the society. The costly the phone they have, more is their status and importance in their group.
Smartphones have made world come closer. It is actually a boon to mankind in case the smartphones are used effectively. The lot many applications and functions make the life easy and compatible. Smartphones are an aid to the common man who can use the apps to simplify the complications. It is a guide and tool which could be used anytime and anywhere.
It is not the smartphone which has made people dependent, but people have chosen themselves to get dumb with the use of technology. Not everyone is addicted to the smartphones. But the majority users don’t even understand the complete utility of the smartphone that they have. People often tend to use the phones for the day-to-day tasks that could be handled very easily by human brain, like remembering the daily tasks, remembering the phone numbers etc., but they often fail to learn the actual use of the smartphones and the various apps that can be taken help of.
To be precise, it is our duty to understand the requirement of the smartphones and should not get dependent on it. It would not be apt to blame smartphones for making people dumb.