Sports - MCQs with answers - Part II1. Which game is associated with 'Merdeka Cup'?
d) TennisView Answer / Hide Answer
2. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Lawn Tennis?
ANSWER: b) Football
Pestabola Merdeka or Merdeka Tournament is a football tournament held in Malaysia to honour the Independence Day.
d) ScoopView Answer / Hide Answer
3. Which of the following terms is not used in the game of Lawn Tennis?
ANSWER: a) Deuce
Deuce is a situation in which both opposing players have won three points.
b) Back hand drive
d) Smash View Answer / Hide Answer
4. Which of the following is related to Jallikattu sport played in Tamil Nadu and neighbouring states of India?
ANSWER: c) Gambit
A gambit is a chess opening in which a player, more often White, sacrifices material, usually a pawn, with the hope of achieving a resulting advantageous position.
a) Bullfight and bullock-cart racing
d) Cricket fightView Answer / Hide Answer
5. Who among the following has won the women's singles title of the WTA Finals?
ANSWER: a) Bullfight and bullock-cart racing
Jallikattu is a bull taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
a) Helen Wills Moody
b) Margaret Court
c) Serena Williams
d) Steffi GrafView Answer / Hide Answer
6. Which of the following awards is given for excellence in sports coaching in India?
ANSWER: c) Serena Williams
The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) has ranked her World No. 1 in singles on six separate occasions.
a) Arjuna Awards
b) Dronacharya Award
c) Dhyan Chand Award
d) Rajiv Gandhi Khel RatnaView Answer / Hide Answer
7. When is national sports day of India celebrated?
ANSWER: b) Dronacharya Award
The Indian Government instituted Dronacharya Award in 1985.
a) April 6
b) August 29
c) September 14
d) October 11View Answer / Hide Answer
8. Which one of the following is associated with Gagan Narang?
ANSWER: b) August 29
The Government of India has declared 29th August as Sports Day in honour of Major Dhyan Chand.
a) Air rifle shooting
d) GolfView Answer / Hide Answer
9. Who was the oldest male player to win the French Open?
ANSWER: a) Air rifle shooting
He was the first Indian to qualify for the London Olympics.
a) Andre Gobert
b) Andre Vacherot
c) Henri Cochet
d) Max DecugisView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Who was the oldest female player to win the French Open?
ANSWER: b) Andre Vacherot
Andre Vacherot was a French male tennis player. He is best remembered for having won the French Championships on 1894, 1895, 1896, and 1901.
a) Jan Lehane
b) Andrea Temesvari
c) Nelly Landry
d) Zsuzsa KormoczyView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d) Zsuzsa Kormoczy
Zsuzsa Kormoczy was a female tennis player from Hungary. She won the singles title at the 1958 French Championships at the age of 33.