Sports - MCQs with answers - Part VI1. How many times did Geet Sethi win the IBSF World Billiards title?
d) 5View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Who was the first Indian to win the World Amateur Billiards title?
ANSWER: b) 3
Geet Siriram Sethi won the World Amateur Billiards title during 1985, 1987, and 2001.
a) Geet Sethi
b) Mike Russell
c) Pankaj Adwani
d) Wilson JonesView Answer / Hide Answer
3. When was Amateur Athletics Federation of India established?
ANSWER: d) Wilson Jones
Wilson Lionel Garton-Jones was a professional player of English billiards from India. Jones won the amateur world championship twice, in 1958 and 1964.
d) 1966View Answer / Hide Answer
4. Who among the following is not associated with billiards in India?
ANSWER: b) 1946
Amateur Athletic Federation of India (AAFI) was formed at the initiative of Prof. G.D. Sondhi and Maharaja Yadvindra Singh.
a) Ashok Shandilya
b) Manoj Kothari
c) Mihir Sen
d) Subash AgarwalView Answer / Hide Answer
5. How many gold medals did P. T. Usha win in the 1986 Seoul Asian Games?
ANSWER: c) Mihir Sen
Mihir Sen is best known for being the only man to earn the distinction of swimming the Oceans of the five continents in one calendar year (1966). This included the Palk Strait, Dardanelles, Bosphorpous, The straits of Gibraltar and the entire length of the Panama Canal.
d) 4View Answer / Hide Answer
6. How many gold medals did Carl Lewis win at the 1984 Olympic games?
ANSWER: d) 4
P. T. Usha won gold medals for 200 m, 400 m, 400 m hurdles, and 4X400 m relay in the 1986 Seoul Asian Games.
d) 8View Answer / Hide Answer
7. Which Major League Baseball player holds the record for all-time career high batting average?
ANSWER: c) 4
Carl Lewis won gold medals for 100 m, 200 m, 4X100 m relay, and Long jump in the 1984 Olympic games.
a) Babe Ruth
b) Honus Wagner
c) Lou Gehrig
d) Ty CobbView Answer / Hide Answer
8. What do African-American football players Ernie Davis, Archie Griffin, and Tony Dorsett have in common?
ANSWER: d) Ty Cobb
As of the end of the 2013 season, he still holds several records including the highest career batting average and most career batting titles.
a) They all led to Super Bowl titles
b) They all played for Pittsburgh
c) They all won the Heisman Trophy
d) They don't have any similarityView Answer / Hide Answer
9. Which basketball player scored 8 points in the final 7 seconds of a game to lead his team to victory?
ANSWER: c) They all won the Heisman Trophy
Ernie Davis was the first African American player to win the Heisman Trophy. Archie Griffin of Ohio state is the only player to receive the award twice in 1974 and 1975. Anthony Tony Drew Dorsett is a former American football player to win the Heisman Trophy in 1976.
a) Charles Barkley
b) Larry Bird
c) Ray Allen
d) Reggie MillerView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Which National Hockey League goaltender has the most career wins?
ANSWER: d) Reggie Miller
A five-time All-Star selection, Miller led the league in free throw accuracy five times and won a gold medal in the 1996 Summer Olympics.
a) Andy Moog
b) Glenn Anderson
c) Grant Fuhr
d) Jari Kurri View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c) Grant Fuhr
Grant Scott Fuhr is a Canadian former ice hockey goaltender in the National Hockey League and former goaltending coach for the Phoenix Coyotes.