Technology is killing human imagination!
Technology is killing human imagination!Noted scientist and thinker Albert Einstein has stressed that imagination is more important than knowledge. This is because knowledge is limited to what is known and understood while imagination embraces the world and points to all there ever will be to know and understand.
But technology has changed the way people approach everything from online sales to writing. Has technology changed us for the better or the worse when it comes to furthering the cause of the human imagination? Let us explore the depth of the issue underlying the tradeoff between creativity and technology.
Yes, technology has replaced creativity with piracy.
1. Computing has replaced creativity- Computers and the incessant use of technology have restricted the sphere of knowledge and creativity to the screen. This has lowered the application of human creativity and imagination in all spheres
2. These are no longer original -Any thesis or academic writing is no longer original because the computer and the internet has made it easy to access academic information at any given point in time. This restricts human imagination and creativity in academic settings. Replication of information has become easy and intellectual data theft is rampant thanks to technology
3. Piracy has become widespread - Perhaps the biggest obstacle in giving a free rein to human imagination has been the use of pirated software and products in the market. Data theft has become a common problem across creative fields such as movie making and fiction writing thanks to piracy and the influx of technology. Software packages are also replicated causing tremendous losses in terms of reduced programming creativity and revenue damage.
4. Technology has made mass scale replication possible -Technology has made it possible to replicate on a mass scale, and this mass market production limits the role of human creativity and imagination in every field from education to science and manufacturing.
5. Technology has stifled creativity - Thanks to the presence of graphics software and other technological advancements, creativity and originality have gone for a toss. Replicating the Mona Lisa or Van Gogh’s Sunflowers is now possible with the click of a mouse.
6. Special effects cancel out human imagination and creativity - Technology has mechanised everything from music to film making and there is no scope for innovation or human creativity to take flight. Technology has deadened the creative process through short cuts in production methods which create artificial offerings that cannot match the originality of past products. From recycled plots to fake special effects, the entertainment and mass media industry has undergone a negative change thanks to technology.
No, technology improves communication and gets new ideas!
1. Technology is a platform for talent - Technology has made many innovations possible in fields as diverse as music, entertainment and film-making. It has expanded the scope and power of human imagination by enhancing the limits to which one can go in the creative process.
2. From health to science, technology has made innovation possible - Technology has furthered the cause of human innovation and imagination in fields as far apart as philosophy and molecular biology. Advancement of technologies has also helped in the growth of the health sector and enabled healthcare to become life prolonging. Using scientific creativity and human innovation, biotechnology has revolutionised the field of pharma and healthcare.
3. Technology helps human imagination to grow - Technology is not limiting creativity; rather it is helping this to grow. This is because technology helps businesses to grow and expand thereby becoming more capable of providing scope for the full potential of human creativity.
4. Communication becomes easier, imagination gets a boost - Technology has also boosted communication which facilitates creativity through the spread of knowledge and ideas across the globe. Sharing ideas is the key to forming insights, and many famous inventors have taken inspiration from past innovations. Technology has quickened the pace of communication and provided online knowledge industry which is thriving and enhancing human creativity by leaps and bounds.
Technology has only unleashed the power and potential of human creativity and imagination. From making films and documentaries to composing great works of music and art to even scientific innovations, technology has liberated human imagination and provided a complete scope for aiding the creativity of man. Only societies which are progressive and technologically advanced can hope to tap the power of human creativity. There is no room in today’s world for outdated methods. Across a globe where technology is even used to fight elections and wars, the cause of human imagination can be advanced through the progress and growth of technology. To see technology as a counter to human creativity is to misunderstand its very essence- which is the expansion of innovation that gives a free rein to human imagination.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -inji (03/30/20)
- Technologies are part of the world. Everyday we use technologies. Technologie makes an easier a person’s life. We use technology everywhere.
But we don't notice the negative side of technology.
There is a good size for technology. For example, it helps us to make our life comfortable. And there is a bad side of technology. The phone is part of the technology. And there are Social media. I think that social media doing work less to our imagination. There are many bad posts on social media and when we read it these pots we imagine it in our imagination.
For that, we need to be careful. Imagination is our life. And when we use the negative side of technology we destroy our imagination and our future.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Suraj topal (11/11/16)
- A big difference b/w 'technology' and 'imagination'.
First of all, I m write about Imagination means anything think in our mind is known as imagination.
Technology means anything do practically is known as technology.
The technology is not killing human imagination becoz when we solve any question and imagine the answer in our mind and If we cannot think about the solution then we go to the helps of technology .
So, the technology is the helpful for human...
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Kedeswar Meher (11/03/16)
- From my point of view technology is not killing the human imagination because if we find the meaning of both 'Technology 'and ' Imagination '. Technology is presentation in practical way and Imagination is creation of pictures in our mind. What we are imagining to present that in scientific way is called Technology. Example- while we think answer of a question we have needed help frist our imagination and when know then to briefly know we go to our any material or our best teacher GOOGLE. In this way our knowledge is developed about that. Thanks to all.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -pranav kumar (10/14/16)
- No, i dont think so. i read in a article few days back that evn the fastest computer in world takes 40 minutes to calculate activity of human brain in 1 second. And imagination is not effected by technology as according to me it helps to achieve those imaginations.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Jaya Priyadarshini (10/14/16)
- From My point of view technology is not killing the human imagination it gives us new ideas and new informations regarding any topic.So we can not say this that its killing our imagination.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -sourabh kumar (08/16/16)
- In my point of view technology is killing humane imagination.
(1)Ya it has provided us too much comfort made us lazy.
(2)in the field of reasearch our reasearcher are not doing they are just copying the other,s paper don,t going for imagination.
(3)noting is orignal every thing is copied.beause it is easily avaliable.
(4) every type of creativity is replace by cmputer,s softwares.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -vipin mohan (08/16/16)
- All the technologies developed by human are helps to improve the status of our nation.By this development we can imagine the future of world.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -vaibhav tiwari (08/10/16)
- I think if imagination wouldn't be there,then there would be no technology.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Shubham (08/01/16)
- In my point of view, technology is not killing human imagination. It depends on us how we use technology.
For example if we have a question,we just type that question on google and find answer.But we should not do this.firstly we should think about solution, what can be the answer and then for depth knowledge go for google, it will help you to know more about that and new idea will come in your mind.
Technology is key to be creative.As we are seeing in movies that how the vfx is playing an important role in movies, this is just creativity using technology.
With the help of technology, scientists are making new missiles of better range.
This is just creativity using technology.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Hanmant Shinde (07/28/16)
- Yes I agree with the title.I will give you one example. .if someone ask what is the socail problem of Indian society. Then we immediately think lets search on Google and tell them. .I mean to say this question is not much tough we can easily give the answer by just by thinking. But our mind not ready because we know this is on Internet.our thinking or imagination kills by the technology. .
- RE: Technology and creativity is the same -gd (07/27/16)
- through the creativity we made the technology so technology and creativity are same thing. technology helps to grow creativity and it made us very comfortable to think in innovotive way so we can be more creative. i think technogy is the enhancing medium for creative thinking and imagination.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Dipak Koli (07/08/16)
- i am agree with the tittle because today whole world use google for find out the solutions.Then never try to solve them problem by own self. And for students technology blessed them because every whatever they have problem they just simply go on google and find the solution. They never became a creator or not try to something innovative. So as per the tittle technology is killed human imagination but we can't ignore the benefits of tech.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Dana V. Carungcong (06/27/16)
- The innovative things that technology brought us has both positive and negative outcomes. I know that all of us cannot live the way our elders lived before--very low tech. So in that case, we must all face the consequences of having such high innovation in technology. If we still want technology to be useful, we also must embrace the negative outcomes it may bring.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -shailendra sharma (02/04/16)
- In my opinion,technology is not killing the human imagination. It is just helping the human to enhance their imagination and to be more innovative and creative.let's take an example,before the technology the human was not aware about the real structure of the earth.he thought that the earth is like a sphere but when technology came in existence the human became aware to know about the structure of earth.let's take another example, the day to day enhancement of mobile features and softwares is also the result of human imagination with the help of technology.
So, I would like to conclude the topic by saying that the technology is making the human more innovative and imaginative than before the technology.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -kanhai kumar (01/05/16)
- According to me technology is catalyst for human imagination. Technology help human to imagine beyond their imagination. Technology necessity feels essential when we are talking about lattice structure of a molecule , bio engineering , to solve the mystery of universe creation, black hole formation etc. How a human can imagine that what actually happen inside the molecular structure without help of technology. Could we able to think about god particle without advanced technology.
So my conclusion is technology helps to enhance human imagination, and it is display of human imagination.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -Deepa Kaushik (01/05/16)
- Technology is an aid to the mankind. As far as human consider technology as an aid, it would make living better. The killing of imaginations or making people dumb happens when man gets slave to the hands of technology. The debate is very much similar to whether technology is a boon or curse.
The basis of life revolves around individual perception. Technology should be handled as puppet on human hands. Human should not be dancing according to the machines and the mechanical requirements. The more technology has sophisticated living, more the humans are getting slaves to technology. This is the main reason for the loss of human imaginations and creative power.
Very correctly said, humans have created the technology. Every scientific invention and discovery is the imagination and creation of human mind. Technology should be used as a tool to develop and invent better techniques. Those who treat technology as a tool get a better help and living, rather than those who restrict themselves and get tied to the technology. The one who fails to dream is the one who has lost the charm of being human and lost all the power of imagination.
- RE: Technology is killing human imagination! -MUKUL SHARMA (01/05/16)
- I do not agree with the subject. Technology actually is a display of imagination.When we are unable to express with words ,technology comes to our rescue. We are today more developed, imaginative than our fore fathers is only because of technology.Manipulating technology we can move to a more advanced world.The essence of technology can be felt in almost every sphere of our life.