What does a food critic do?
Who is a food critic? What does he/she do?
The job of a food critic involves writing reviews for newspapers, magazines, blogs as well as travel guides.
• A food critic’s main focus is in areas concerning food & beverages.
• In the job, you are the ultimate authority of taste, style, and presentation.
• Your job as a food critic involves you to judge the aesthetic value of the restaurant, or food.
• You, as a food critic have to be present at new restaurant launches, special events, and trade shows.
• You must have knowledge which is apt for your trade, and also have the capability to discuss food presentations, your experience of the services and food flavour in a way which is appealing and convincing.