What’s better - Regular College or correspondence courses?
What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses?
Education is one of the most important parts of life. When it comes to college education it becomes all more essential to select the right course and right form of learning. There are people who don’t opt for regular college instead finds it better to go for correspondence courses where there is no need to attend the physical classes. Before making any final choice it is better to understand the pros and cons of both the courses. What do you think, what’s better- Regular College or correspondence courses?
• It is the classroom environment present in the regular college that becomes a place for direct social interaction. It cannot be found in correspondence courses.
• Correspondence courses is not ideal for all the students as it demands a strict discipline approach to be followed otherwise all the time and energy goes wasted.
• In the regular college, there are friends, teachers and mentors who are the source of motivation and are always there to solve the problems.
• Correspondence courses degrees are not accepted everywhere whereas regular college degrees have their own recognition.
• There are many courses that are not available through correspondence and in that case only regular college is the option.
• Regular college provides assistance by planning campus placements that is absent in correspondence course.
• The best benefit of opting for correspondence class is the flexibility. The course can be done from the comfort of home with a computer and internet connection. It can even be done without a connection with the physical books.
• There is no need to waste the time in commuting from home to college instead it can be used for some other constructive purposes.
• Correspondence courses are the best choice of education who cannot afford the heavy fees of the regular colleges. It also saves the transportation and other campus related costs.
• Correspondence courses are the best option for the girls who are from orthodox families and are not allowed to enroll for regular colleges.
• The working people or the student who have to work while learning process can opt for the correspondence courses. It gives the degree and along with gains the working experience and income.
College learning and education is fairly structured where students know about their sessions and learning plans. But there are times when students don’t have any other option but to enroll for the correspondence course. They might seem easy and flexible at first glance but in fact requires a lot more discipline and efforts to complete it successfully. They are not a bad choice, but the only thing it should be opted only when you don’t have the option for regular college. Also, select the type of mode that suits your personal needs, strengths and career objectives.
- Which course? -Ishu (01/19/19)
- Do both of the courses have same time period?
Meaning: is any one of them less time consuming or requires a shorter period of time to complete the course in the comparison of the other course?
I'm currently searching for a shorter course. So, please, if anyone has an idea thendo tell me.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -sayali (07/20/16)
- hiiiii...I think collage is best....here we do regular study (self study)
but because of classes we depend on others....
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -akansha jadon (05/21/16)
- I would go for regular college because of the social environment which is provided to a regular student .correspondence courses should be choosen only in need of it ...
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -chetan pandit (05/20/16)
- there is a need to understand which one is more prefer to a .student .
these two things play a very important role in the development of a student
now you ask how?
dear try to understand the whole scenario that he can get in the college ,will not able to get in their house and any other place
and teachers are always good but we have to give the time to them then they will help us in every situation .all these thing we cann only get in regular college
at last i only wants to say that if the student wants to study then he can study at every where
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -yogesh (05/16/16)
- regular :-
1 the people who opt regular option they get better knowledge than correspondence because they have the better option of learning in the college
2.regular students get punctuality and discipline in the college
3.better guidance by the teachers at college atmosphere
4.some of the course which is not available in the correspondence for students;they have to opt regular
1.it is better for those students who want to work or support his family while studying
2.also earlier said by someone that it is better for those girls who belong from those family where they don't allowed to go out from house
3 it is better for those students who don't have enough fund for higher colleges fees with that they save college fees also the fees of transportation as well
4 students don't need to go any where for study they can do study at home or with the help of internet or get the books physically and can do study
5 students who opt correspondence also save his time which is commuting to go college from home
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Jaya priyadarshini (05/16/16)
- I like both studies. Correspondence course gives a facility to student who are not able to go anywhere or if there is any engagement to some in their homes. And they are not able to go to school or colleges then correspondence course becomes an lifeline for them because it facilitates them all the study materials at home and they have to only appear in exam or they can give exam also online. Regular education also also have their importance. Regular is also Good who is attending there classes regularly and concentrating on their study.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Jaya priyadarshini (05/16/16)
- I like both studies. Correspondence course gives a facility to student who are not able to go anywhere or if there is any engagement to some in their homes. And they are not able to go to school or colleges then correspondence course becomes an lifeline for them because it facilitates them all the study materials at home and they have to only appear in exam or they can give exam also at online.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -rumi beypi (05/14/16)
- I have done my MA in correspondence courses n what i found is, it suit me for my family financial sound is nt so good s u people are with my Dr frnds.but it is nt true that all the student who are in correspondence course ll b so..it depens on there situation!!but for me either regular or correspondence course it only give us the certificate..what make us is our destiny n our capability!!
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -abhilipsa panda (10/20/15)
- According to me whatever modes of education we opt for should match our needs and requirement. as if a poor student want to study higher education he doesn't have any option left with him/her so he or she should go for correspondence courses. but if we have facilities so we should opt for regular courses as it gives us better knowledge and better experiences in comparison with correspondences courses.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -BIJENDRA KUMAR (10/19/15)
- I THINK THAT REGULAR COLLEGE IS BETTER THAN CROSPONDANCE COURSE BUT ACORDING TO SICTUATION I WE TAKE PLANINIG reguar collage given best personality and everything ............
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -arvind (10/17/15)
- I am read all comments here and everyone think better for regular college.
But i wants ask a question to all.
A person is belong to poor family and doing hard work in contract base in any private sector but he wants higher education but he .is not afford the fees and not have time for regular college and parents not available for his eduction so that person choosen correspondence.
So its not wrong but all r comment here for reguler college is good becoz your parents are available for ur fees time and other thing and u understand that time when u r doing 5000rs. Sallery job and not affordable for any regular course that time think who is better correspondance or regular collage.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Dhanasekar (07/28/15)
- Nowadays people can't spend the time for study and Need money so Poor peolpe Can't go to regular course. I am also have done my UG and PG in Correspodence course. But I feel Regular college is the best....
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -himanshu (05/14/15)
- According to me regular college is a best option as it provides facilities to develope your skills in multiple direction not only in one direction . (I.e technical skills)
Now a days all the company coming for recruitment, not see only ur technical skills but also see ur extra curricular activities.
Regular college will give u facilities to know your talnet in other field also lyk cricket , modelling, singing etc. so that after completion of degree u have multiple options to choose your carrier.
As we all know tha now a days students are not happy with their job and they try different things in lyf like start ups or they opt acting as their carrier after degree.
U can nourish your talnt only if u get facilities toh nourish them which is provided for regular course students not for correspondence students.
As correspondence students working only In one direction is to study .
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -PRIYA JOSHI (05/14/15)
- According to me Regular colleges are better than the correspondence as in Regular colleges there is a overall development of student. Student get endeavor of other activities like exhibitions, cultural fest, technical fest etc. which correspondence students are devoid off. But it doesn't mean that correspondence colleges are waste. There is a big importance of correspondence colleges for employed people and specially for women at home who don't time to go out can learn while stay at home. It not only increases their knowledge but also opens career opportunities for them in coming future.
There is no doubt that books are the best source of knowledge which will stay with you forever and can increase your livelihood, but along with theoretical knowledge one should have practical knowledge and for applying concepts Regular colleges are best where you can do practical to clear your concept forever.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -siyamore (05/13/15)
- What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses?
This topic of regular or correspondence courses no doubt depends upon the comfort and suitability of aspirants. Both have their own pros and cons. In general regular courses are most preferred as they offer a great career opportunity and relevance to industry. Regular courses definitely provide an environment for better learning and support from mentors and colleagues. Also there are campus placements which pave a path for success of students. But generally the regular course aspirants need job training as they lack the experience. Also, the fees, time, attendance, dress code etc. related disciplines are difficult to follow by students who are working, belong to weaker section of society, students residing at a distant place, BPL students etc. Any such problem may have a solution to correspondence course. A working person can have a degree by correspondence along with work experience which matters the most in industry. Students who can’t afford heavy burden of fees can find correspondence the best option. Students living a distant place from college can have the required degree or diploma without worrying about daily ups and downs. Also the girls of not so advanced families can opt for the desired course. But correspondence courses fail to provide better job opportunity to fresher. Hence, both are good or bad depending upon the need and congruence of the student who opt either.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Jagpreet singh (05/07/15)
- Well,regular classes give more oppourtunity instead of correspondence classes.
Firstly,placement offers in regular classes thats not present in other.
Secondly,study environment give strength to students thats also not possible in correspondence lectures.
Last but not least,only one benefit of correspondence classes thats we can do work along with study thats the tough tasks in regular lectures.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Ashish (05/05/15)
- I would say regular is far better the reason is that one follows a routine , meets his classmates ,discussion ,doubts ,question paper ,social life and can participate in extra curriculum acitivies like- Drama ,debate, Music , sports , quiz etc . One can have a sense of belonging and also can take help from teachers , batchmates .
Correspodence -I agree it gives benifit to students who cannot afford fees , or girls who come from orthodox families , married women -But correspodence can really be boring as the student has no one to discuss , no social life , no guiandce ,infact it can get tough and frusterating . The study centres are the middle agency in correspodence education but they do not help much. Infact distance education is for people who are really busy or occupied with work , busness and it requires a different approach compared to regular.
Regular college is the best as one has memories , friends , projects ,assigments , fun , help from teachers and batchmates , and also living iife and particpating in drama , music,debate ,sports ,quiz , NCC , college annual day , book clubs , etc
so My answer is Regular always . We in India should come out with western concent for regular colleges like 3 days a week classes and regular college and one can also work if he or she is not fincally stable . Regular classes is very very Important
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Nishant Sharma (06/26/14)
- Regular college
College provide the environment which shape the student into professional one and helps to develop a winning spirit for any competition in their lives
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -swati (06/26/14)
- For Regular course-
1) Physical presence along with other students makes a healthy and competitive environment, where one learns the subjects as well as other extra curricular activities.
2) Makes a learner to be in discipline, punctual etc
3) The student is more focused to his work
against Regular College
1) Many times a situation comes where one has to opt for correspondence course For eg a working person, married women.
2) correspondence courses makes an advantage of being located at a place of need.
- RE: What’s better – Regular College or correspondence courses? -Deepa Kaushik (06/25/14)
- Graduation should be the minimum qualification for the citizens of any nation to develop and grow into a huge economy and power. This qualification should be made available to all the citizens irrespective of their socio-economic status. Such a bare minimum education should be taught in a regular college, as the classroom and the campus atmosphere teaches a lot more than the subjects of study.
The campus environment trains a person to get geared up for the actual worldly atmosphere. Also the classroom and laboratory atmosphere holds importance for the practical implications and thorough understanding of the subjects.
The education from the Post graduation level onwards can be opted by correspondence, as many people try to carry on with their studies along with their jobs, which is required to support their family. Students also prefer to pursue similar multiple courses which would save much of their time and energy. Correspondence education at this level could also solve the problem of providing infrastructure to the government and government-aided institutions.
Thus the education system would be better if it is taken on a regular college till graduation level and then that becomes optional as per the requirement of the subject opted and the circumstances of the student.