A room without books is like a body without soul.
- Books are vast sources of knowledge. They are sacred as well as holy.
- They form one’s conscience and help people develop their notion of right and wrong.
- Soul of a body prevents the being from becoming a savage or cannibal. In the same way books bring virtue to a structure or room.
- Books play a vital role in one’s education and constitute a major part in one’s life.
- A room is a non-living object, contrary to the living body, the simile is thus erroneous.
- There are good books, there are bad books. Why should it be assumed that the soul, even if there is one, is chaste and pure?
- Books are inventions of authors but a soul can’t be imparted from a body.
This simile is an erroneous one as the comparison is made between a living and non living thing. Both have their own part to play in one’s life. Books are a great medium of knowledge but it should not be compared with intellectual stuff like body and soul.
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -naga sai (11/08/18)
- no relation for the books and mans soul.the topic choosen is wrong
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -Vishwanath (02/12/17)
- We r compare the book as a 'soul'.. Realy very nice quote, books are the our life we can learn or catch any kind of knowledge through it..reards vishu
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -Prashant Triptahi (11/17/15)
- Books are the building blocks of our thinking process. Whether they take the form of childhood bedtime stories, travel companions, even stories of an altogether different part of the world or the general know-hows of a topic, books are irreplaceable. There is a reason why the work had to be published on paper and not just scribbled out somewhere on the internet. Granted most of the work people read is from the pre-internet era, one has to still acknowledge that a fair proportion of the intellectuals were known to read a lot of the written text.
Now coming to the soul part, soul is nothing but a figment of our thoughts. The soul is as healthy or clean as our thoughts are. The sole purpose of writing a book is not just to teach something or preach a thought, the best writers are those who have evoked thoughts, and left the reader with something to ponder about. When we find these hidden messages as a reader, the souls feeds off them and the purpose of the book is fulfilled. In recent times, Paulo Coelho is one such reader who has gained immense global popularity for maintaining this style and making people think and providing what some even refer to as a spiritual journey.
In my view, regular yoga and reading, and you don't need Metlife. (Peace of mind guaranteed is the famous tagline associated with Metlife)
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." - Mark Twain
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -mohit Singh (12/20/14)
- we treat book as a soul .it gives root to every thing. so every person keep book of his choice. if he may be illiterate he have holy books in his room . books give a positive impact on our life.
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -aakarsh (12/17/14)
- Not a nice topic
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -geeta (10/31/14)
- Books are very important in our life. We can get any kind of knowledge from books and our bad thinking or views can be change into good. But here I think there shoud be no comparison bet room without books and body wihtout soul. They are different things. They not make any sense.
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -bhoopal (09/25/14)
- The topic looks strange when I heard this for the first time.
A room may be composed of anyything and it depends upon the person who uses it.Books may or mayn't be part of the room.suppose if an illiterate person is living in that room then it is not an essential to have a book in his room.so it depends only on the person's interests.
Every live person has his own soul.so it is not possible to seperate it until his death.so finally I want to say that 'it is not mandatory that having a book in every room and it only depends on person who uses it.
- RE: A room without books is like a body without soul. -Group Discussion (12/31/11)
- Dos and Don’ts of participating in Group Discussion
8 things you should NOT do in a GD
10 things to succeed in GD
Preparing for GD
Just before the GD
During the Group Discussion
Prerequisites of a Group Discussion