What are the safety recommendations required while maintaining aircraft?
The safety recommendations are required while dealing with the accidents and the
inquiry of the aircrafts. The recommendations needed are as follows:
• CAA (Civil aviation authority) examines the applicability of
self-certification of aircraft engineering and verifies the criticality of the
tasks that need to be performed on the system. They also check the system for
further services without doing any functional checks.
• Review of the system takes place to interpret the single components of the
aircraft that is vital in its design.
• Reviewing of the quality assurance system and the reporting methods take
place to encourage more better designs to be provided for the use.
• Reviewing the need to, introduce a format of job description and grades that
is being provided to the engineers and managers.
• Providing a mechanism for an independent assessment to carry out the work
audit and operations can be performed smoothly.
What are the different stress types present in aircraft operations?
Stress is a result that is caused when a solid e.g. metal bar is subjected to an
external force. Stress is defined as force per unit area and the basic unit
includes MN/m2, N/mm2 and Pa. There are basically three types of stress:
• Tensile stress: it is the stress that is setup when the force tries to pull
the material apart.
• Compressive stress: it is the stress that is produced by the force that is
trying to crush the material.
• Shear stress: is the stress that results from the force that tends to cut
through the material i.e. tend to put one material slide over another one.
Why is strain a major factor in aircraft engineering?
Strain is when a material is altered in shape, this happens due to the fact that
the force is acting on the material. The body is strained internally as well as
externally without having any differences of dimension but it just has the
differences at the atomic level. It is the ratio of change in dimension over
the original dimension. It is very important due to the fact that building an
aircraft requires the knowledge of these factors and the formulas that are
associated with it to successfully implementing the parts together. There are
three types of strain:
• Tensile strain
• Compressive strain and
• Shear strain
What are the different types of modulus involved in mechanics?
Modulus of elasticity is given by the Hooke’s law that states that stress is
directly proportional to strain, while the material remains elastic. The
external forces that are acting on the material is just having the sufficient
to stretch the atomic bonds this way the material can also return back to the
original shape. The different types of modulus are as follows:
• Modulus of rigidity: this defines the relationship between the shear stress
(t ) and shear strain (? )
• Bulk modulus: this defines that if a body volume v is subjected to an
increase in an external pressure then the volume will be changed by dV, this
deformation will be change in volume not in shape.
What are the mechanical properties required to know before performing
The mechanical properties provide the definition of the behavior of the material
that is being put under the action of external forces. This is an important
aspect to aeronautical engineering that is also used to gain knowledge for
applications developed for aircrafts. This provides an overall view of the
structure of the aircraft and the maintenance aspect of it. The properties used
are as follows:
• Specific strength and stiffness,
• Malleability and elasticity