What do you understand from VPN?
VPN stands for virtual private network; it is a private cloud which manages the
security of the data during the transport in the cloud environment. VPN allows
an organization to make a public network as private network and use it to
transfer files and other resources on a network.
What does a VPN consists of?
VPN is known as virtual private network and it consists of two important things:
1. Firewall: it acts as a barrier between the public network and any private
network. It filters the messages that are getting exchanged between the
networks. It also protects from any malicious activity being done on the
2. Encryption: it is used to protect the sensitive data from professional
hackers and other spammers who are usually remain active to get the data. With
a message always there will be a key with which you can match the key provided
Name few platforms which are used for large scale cloud computing
There are many platforms available for cloud computing but to model the large
scale distributed computing the platforms are as follows:
1. MapReduce: is software that is being built by Google to support distributed
computing. It is a framework that works on large set of data. It utilizes the
cloud resources and distributes the data to several other computers known as
clusters. It has the capability to deal with both structured and non-structured
2. Apache Hadoop: is an open source distributed computing platform. It is being
written in Java. It creates a pool of computer each with hadoop file system. It
then clusters the data elements and applies the hash algorithms that are
similar. Then it creates copy of the files that already exist.
What are some examples of large cloud providers and their databases?
Cloud computing has many providers and it is supported on the large scale. The
providers with their databases are as follows:
• Google bigtable: it is a hybrid cloud that consists of a big table that is
spilt into tables and rows. MapReduce is used for modifying and generating the
• Amazon SimpleDB: is a webservice that is used for indexing and querying the
data. It allows the storing, processing and creating query on the data set
within the cloud platform. It has a system that automatically indexes the data.
• Cloud based SQL: is introduced by Microsoft and it is based on SQL database.
it provides data storage by the usage of relational model in the cloud. The
data can be accessed from the cloud using the client application.
What are some open source cloud computing platform databases?
Cloud computing platform has various databases that are in support. The open
source databases that are developed to support it is as follows:
1. MongoDB: is an open source database system which is schema free and document
oriented database. It is written in C++ and provides tables and high storage
2. CouchDB: is an open source database system based on Apache server and used
to store the data efficiently
3. LucidDB: is the database made in Java/C++ for data warehousing. It provides
features and functionalities to maintain data warehouse.
What essential things a user should know before going for cloud computing
A user should know some parameters by which he can go for the cloud computing
services. The parameters are as follows:
1. User should know the data integrity in cloud computing. It is a measure to
ensure integrity like the data is accurate, complete and reasonable.
2. Compliance: user should make sure that proper rules and regulations are
followed while implementing the structure.
3. Loss of data: user should know about the provisions that are provided in
case of loss of data so that backup and recovery can be possible.
4. Business continuity plans: user should think about does the cloud services
provide him uninterrupted data resources.
5. Uptime: user should know about the uptime the cloud computing platform
provides and how helpful it is for the business.
6. Data storage costs: user should find out about the cost which you have to
pay before you go for cloud computing.
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Cloud computing architecture
Cloud computing – Amazon
Cloud Computing – MapReduce