Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship
Journalism or reporting is a very responsible and sensitive job as it has a direct effect on a society. It is mainly about reporting rather than supporting -but does the journalism today need to be brought under the scissors of censorship?
- India being a democratic country has given the right of freedom of expression to everyone and in the field of journalism, freedom of expressing the thoughts without fear is of utmost importance.
- Censorship cripples the journalist as it confines them to work within certain boundaries limiting their thoughts.
- Journalists would expose faces that have a big hand behind corrupting our country or to say the least are working on the lines of corruption.
- It would ensure that people will get to know the truth without any politics involved behind it.
- Free reporting increasing the pressure on politicians and other government bodies. This improves their performance.
- It is a medium to inform the people about various issues related to the society.
- There are always incidents that if revealed would harm one’s image. For ex. A molested girl if showed with her photograph would never get a respectable place in the society.
- Many unnecessary issues have been brought up by the journalists in the recent times which shouldn’t have been brought up in front of the public.
- There are many sensitive issues that a journalist should not raise and censor boards take care of that.
- Journalist generally write or show only those contents which they think will attract more public , which would eventually mean more money for them.
- In an attempt to increase their TRP or be the first one to report, they at times report even the issues which must be kept secret. For e.g. live coverage of attack on Taj hotel by terrorists lead to security issues.
Journalism is a great way of bringing the truth in front of everyone but it has to follow strict guidelines as it might raise some issues.
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -Murthy (07/06/19)
- It's is very important concepts in society
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -Prashant (02/07/15)
- yes India is a democratic country and we all have a right to express without any fear,but sometimes media use it in a wrong way,as one of my friend says that some news harm the image and respect of victim of crime or sometime they shows/publish the unnecessary news only for TRP rather than other important information happening around us...censor board should take journalism in its premises and set the limit for some issues that guide them to the better way to recognize which information should be published and which shouldn't.
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -Arun (02/07/15)
- In my opinion journalism should be out of the scissors of censorship, because this is the fourth pillar of our democratic countrie and ones we have a free and powerful media than we can surely achieve the targets of the democracy which is for welfare of its public .
Further I would like to give an example of censorship of journalism in China where there are so much censorship of media. There is only one government's news channel "Xinhua", which works as per direction of the government only. People of China are not able to raise their voice against the cruel policies of their government. If media would be freed there, then it can raid the voice of common men.
So we can say that journalism must be free from premise of censorship.
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -divyesh (02/02/15)
- yes.India being a democratic country has given the right of freedom of expression to everyone and in the field of journalism, freedom of expressing the thoughts without fear is of utmost importance.but it not means that we can telecast anything on national televsion
remember,the mumbai attack,we know that if media did not telecast live on the t.v then the operation was much succeed than this.yes we should bring the journalism in the premises of the censorship but with some clause and condtion which did not contactes the indian constitutes
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -pradip (02/02/15)
- As our friend rajani said, actually journalism is a very responsible and sensitive job. Due to journalist we people come to know about all world wide information. They give us news about everyday life, sports, business, and our favorite subject politics. We have to say thanks to them for this. Their work is to show us only what is the truth but sometimes they make issues of most news for their TRP. Some insulting part of video they show us again and again and this is not a good thing. There is no need to show videos again and again and also no need to make issue of the particular news.
So I think they have to give us true information with no issues because people trust them.
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -Rakesh (02/01/15)
- Journalism is lyk a mirror to the society about their and our appearance. But now a days journalism is used as tools by many for their personal benefits. it may be politicians or political parties or big organisations. In today's world all news channels rush for TRP, leaving all sense of its consequences. Journalists work on what we (people) want to see (for their TRP) rather than whats truth and important that could bring change (good) to the society. Their would be no use of Censorship, utmost important is people in this field must judge and justify their work.
- RE: Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship -Shane (01/27/15)
- As we talk about whether should journalism out of the reach of premise of censorship or not.first we may have to consider some facts that in a democratic country like India we can not black out media because media tells us what the happening around us. And if we put censorship on journalism then it will be the violation of right of expression.But on some sensitive issues like communal riots,national security, sexually content,we have to limit freedom of journalism by putting censorship.
Thus we came on the conclusion that we have to limit the freedom of journalism by only putting censorship on some issues like sensitive and national security.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE TIME
- More Group Discussion links: -Group Discussion (01/04/12)
- Dos and Don’ts of participating in Group Discussion
8 things you should NOT do in a GD
10 things to succeed in GD
Preparing for GD
Just before the GD
During the Group Discussion
Prerequisites of a Group Discussion