What are the benefits of normalizing database? - It helps to avoid duplicate entries.
- It allows saving storage space.
- It enhances the performance of queries.
What are the benefits of normalizing database?The benefits of normalization are:
- The process of searching, sorting and creating indexes is faster
- More tables can be derived for clear and needed tables to be designed
- Clustering indexes can be created which provides the flexibility in fine tuning queries.
- Less redundant data and fewer null values will make the database more compact.
- The indexes of tables make data modification commands execution much faster.
- If redundant data is not maintained, the execution of triggers is quicker.
- Normalization facilitates in reducing data modification anomalies.