MAT - Management Aptitude Test
Introduction to MAT
MAT – Management aptitude test, is an entrance test conducted on national level for admission to various MBA institutes across the country. The test is approved by government of India.
- Candidates possessing any graduate degree from a recognised university.
- Final year students of graduate degree courses are eligible to apply and take provisional admission.
- Each partner institute seeks different percentage in graduation. The information regarding this can be received from their respective websites.
How’s the exam conducted?
- MAT is both a Paper-pencil based and computer based test needing the students to appear for the test on specified date and time at an allotted test centre.
- The test is conducted 4 times a year i.e. in the months of February, May, September and December.
- The Paper Based Test is conducted on the first Sunday of the February, May, September and December from 1000-1230 hours.
- The Computer Based Test is conducted from Saturday onwards (6 days after the Paper Based Test date) and in different time slots.
- The candidate is required to answers questions on English Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical & Critical Reasoning and General Awareness.
- The score is mainly calculated based on the first four sections. The choice of considering General Awareness score lies with the institute.
- The MAT score is usually valid for 1 year for most of the participating institutes.
- No. of questions: 200
- Time: 150 minutes
The paper has 40 questions each on:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- 0 marks for un-attempted questions
- Negative marking is not specified
Selection at various MAT partner institutes
- MAT score is accepted by a lot of partner institutes for admission to their campuses. The list of all these institutes is available here: http://resources.aima.in/nl/index_nwse.html
- The further process of conducting the GD and/ or PI is carried out by each institute independently.
- All these institutes are either AICTE/ DEC approved or affiliated to some university.
How to contact MAT?
- Telephone: 011 - 24645100 / 011 - 24617354 / 011 - 43128100
- Website: http://www.aima.in/index.html