Home > Verbal
Ability > Ordering of sentences
Arrange sentences A, B, C, D between sentences 1 and 6, to form a logical
sequence of six sentences.
1. With the perpetual humidity and rains, during monsoons, most of us forget to
grab that necessary glass of water, which can ultimately make us dehydrated.
A. Consuming our daily quota of at least two-and-a-half to three litres of water
or other liquids is essential
to keep our system working properly.
B. Adding some salt or spices can make the drinks more palatable.
C. It is best to have different kinds of juices and drinks in order to keep
D. The Vitamin C-rich lime juice improves our immunity in the monsoon season.
6. It is a refreshing thirst quencher.
ANSWER : ACBD
1. With the changing times, relationships tend to fail even before they blossom
into healthy ones, and as a result, divorce has become rampant.
A. A US newspaper has come up with seven steps that can make your marriage
B. It is suggested that both partners should talk more often, more openly and
more honestly with each other.
C. They should have more dialogues and fewer monologues.
D. What most couples do not realize is that many of those divorces could be
6. They should talk both about feelings as well as facts.
ANSWER : DABC
1. Even the noble prize for literature, which selects winners from different
languages, has been criticised for making the award a European affair.
A. It has selected two-thirds of the winners from six major European languages.
B. This isn’t fair at all.
C. Neither have its recent efforts to broad-base selections have been too
effective, given the linguistic disparities which make comparisons little more
than absurd pretensions.
D. Literary selectors can only do real justice to their job by confining
themselves to picking winners from among works written originally in one major
6. The only way such global literature prizes can be credible is if they have a
polyglot jury well versed in all the major languages of the world.
ANSWER : ABCD